People’s Veto of the Shoreline bag ban!
NEW! (May 2013) Shoreline Bag Ban Repeal Petition available now …
- Download (PDF) Initiative TO REPEAL Shoreline COUNCIL’S BAN of Plastic Bags and “Fee” TAX on Paper Bags
- Print it (read the instruction page), fill it full with signatures and mail it to the address on the petition.
People’s Veto of the Issaquah bag ban! (2013)
Dear Voters Inside City of Issaquah boundary,
Thank you for joining 2700 of your neighbors to sign the Nanny Bag Ban Referendum last summer. The City deemed a portion of those signatures were submitted late and therefore our choice to repeal the ban did not show up on the November ballot. Do not fear! It will show up on this August ballot after we collect your signature one more time upon the “Save Issaquah’s Choice Initiative” petition. We launched that petition on Friday March 1st, the first day of the nanny bag ban.
We also strongly encourage you to email us through this website volunteering to join us one weekend for collections in Issaquah. You will be email notified of the various opportunities.
With your help this petition will win your voice to the August 2013 election.
Save Our Choice
This is the campaign of Save Our Choice – keep your ability to select plastic bags when shopping! Help pay for the campaign.
Bag ban news …
- Store owners say plastic bag ban causes more shoplifting
Thieves with reusable bags harder to track, Seattle store owners say
- Grocers statewide echo reusable bag problems
ISSAQUAH News Items
- City Council Bans Plastic Bags, Issaquah Press, June 12, 2012
- City Council outlaws plastic bags in Issaquah, Issaquah Press, June 4, 2012
Other actions around the country …